Veterinary Assistant Jobs in Las Vegas are plentiful. The city is home to a wide variety of veterinary clinics, hospitals and specialty care centers that employ Veterinary Assistants on a regular basis. From large facilities that care for animals from around the world to small local practices, there are many opportunities available for experienced and passionate Veterinary Assistants in Las Vegas.
Northwest Pet Hospital:
Northwest Pet Hospital is a full-service veterinary facility located in Northwest Seattle. Our experienced and compassionate team of veterinarians, technicians, and receptionists are dedicated to providing the highest quality care for your pet. We offer a wide range of services, including preventative health care, diagnostics, surgery, dental care, nutrition counseling and more. Whether you need an annual checkup or urgent medical attention for your pet, Northwest Pet Hospital is here to help. With our commitment to excellence and state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, we strive to make sure your pet receives the best possible care available. Northwest Pet Hospital goes above and beyond to ensure that our patients receive the most comprehensive veterinary healthcare at each visit. We understand how important it is for pet owners to feel secure and confident in the care that their pets are receiving, so we take extra measures to make sure the experience is as stress-free as possible. From our friendly staff to our knowledgeable veterinarians, Northwest Pet Hospital is here to address all of your pet’s needs. Visit us today and let us provide your beloved pet with top-notch veterinary care!
- A Qualified Veterinary Assistant is a critical part of any veterinary practice and must possess specific knowledge and skills in order to provide quality care for animals.
- Qualifications vary from state to state, though typically require a high school diploma or equivalent, along with experience in the field such as working with animals or completing an internship at a veterinary clinic.
- In addition, a Qualified Veterinary Assistant must have basic knowledge of animal anatomy and physiology, understand the basics of disease prevention, be able to recognize signs of pain or discomfort in animals, and possess strong communication skills.
- Qualified Veterinary Assistants must also be comfortable with performing physical examinations on animals and administering medications as directed by the supervising veterinarian.
- Responsibilities of a Veterinary Assistant Job include providing support to veterinarians, technicians and other staff members.
- They are responsible for restraining animals during medical procedures, cleaning and maintaining medical equipment, as well as providing general care to the animals under their supervision.
- Responsibilities also include monitoring vital signs, collecting laboratory samples, performing basic tests such as fecal examinations and urinalysis, and administering medications.
- Veterinary Assistants may also be responsible for maintaining medical records, scheduling appointments, and managing inventory.
- Responsibilities in a veterinary assistant job can vary depending on the facility and its needs; however, most require excellent communication skills, attention to detail, organizational ability, dependability and compassion for animals.
- It is important that the Veterinary Assistant has a thorough understanding of animal safety, health and handling.
- Responsibilities also include reporting any changes in the animal’s behavior or condition to the veterinarian or technician.
- $15-19$ per hour is salary for the role of Veterinary Assistant
- Full Time Job
HOW TO APPLY?
- The application process of this job is so easy.
- You can apply for this job by clicking on company official website.
- Veterinary Assistant Jobs in Tropicana Animal Hospital