Are you a fresh graduate looking for nursing jobs in the Virginia Beach? Are you an experienced nurse wanting to take on new challenges? Then read on to learn more about registered nurse jobs in the Virginia Beach. This article discusses the requirements, duties, and opportunities of registered nurses in the Virginia Beach. It also provides helpful information for those interested in pursuing a career as a registered nurse, including career paths and tips for finding employment.
Sentara Healthcare is a not-for-profit health system serving Virginia and North Carolina, with 12 hospitals, outpatient care centers, imaging centers and other medical facilities. It was founded in 1888 in Norfolk, Virginia, and has grown to become a national leader in healthcare. Sentara offers a wide range of health insurance plans, as well as medical services and support. In addition to providing quality medical care, Sentara is committed to improving the health of its communities through education, research, and health initiatives.
- Registered Nurse (RN) jobs are essential in the field of healthcare.
- Requirements for these positions range from educational backgrounds to certifications, licenses, and other qualifications.
- In order to become an RN, most individuals must complete a diploma or associate degree program that is approved by the state board of nursing.
- These programs typically include courses such as anatomy, physiology, nutrition, pharmacology, and medical-surgical nursing.
- In addition to completing a RN program, individuals must also pass the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) in order to obtain a license.
- In addition to educational backgrounds, many employers require additional certifications or qualifications for RN positions.
- Examples of these certifications include basic life support (BLS), pediatric advanced life support (PALS), and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS).
- Employers may also require RNs to have experience in a certain medical specialty, such as oncology or pediatrics.
Registered nurses are highly skilled healthcare professionals who provide direct patient care and coordinate the activities of staff members in a variety of settings. Jobs duties of registered nurse jobs may include:
- Assessing and monitoring patient health conditions
- Developing nursing care plans and implementing treatments
- Administering medications, injections, and other treatments
- Educating patients and their families on health maintenance and disease prevention
- Providing emotional support and counseling to patients
- Recording patient medical histories and symptoms
- Operating complex medical equipment
- Participating in research studies to improve healthcare practices
- Supervising licensed practical nurses, nurse aides, and other clinical staff.
- Registered nurses must be compassionate, detail-oriented, and excellent communicators who are able to work in stressful situations.
- They must also understand and adhere to legal and ethical standards of care. Jobs duties of registered nurse jobs can vary depending on the setting in which they are employed.
- In addition to providing direct patient care, some registered nurses may also be responsible for managing budgets, coordinating staff schedules, and evaluating the quality of healthcare services.