If you’re looking for a Registered Nurse job in Iowa City, you’ve come to the right place! With its vibrant culture and wide range of medical facilities, Iowa City offers a great career opportunity for Registered Nurses. Working as an RN in this city means having access to high-quality healthcare resources and learning opportunities. From teaching hospitals to community health centers, there are a variety of registered nurse jobs in Iowa City that can help you gain experience and advance your career.
University of Iowa:
The University of Iowa is a public research university located in Iowa City, Iowa. It was founded in 1847 and is the oldest and largest university in the state. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs across its 12 colleges and schools. It is known for its strong programs in the liberal arts, business, law, and medicine, and is home to a number of research centers and institutes. The University of Iowa is also known for its athletics program, which includes the Iowa Hawkeyes, who compete in the Big Ten Conference.
- Registered Nurse (RN) jobs are essential in the field of healthcare.
- Requirements for these positions range from educational backgrounds to certifications, licenses, and other qualifications.
- In order to become an RN, most individuals must complete a diploma or associate degree program that is approved by the state board of nursing.
- These programs typically include courses such as anatomy, physiology, nutrition, pharmacology, and medical-surgical nursing.
- In addition to completing a RN program, individuals must also pass the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) in order to obtain a license.
- In addition to educational backgrounds, many employers require additional certifications or qualifications for RN positions.
- Examples of these certifications include basic life support (BLS), pediatric advanced life support (PALS), and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS).
- Employers may also require RNs to have experience in a certain medical specialty, such as oncology or pediatrics.
Registered nurses are highly skilled healthcare professionals who provide direct patient care and coordinate the activities of staff members in a variety of settings. Jobs duties of registered nurse jobs may include:
- Assessing and monitoring patient health conditions
- Developing nursing care plans and implementing treatments
- Administering medications, injections, and other treatments
- Educating patients and their families on health maintenance and disease prevention
- Providing emotional support and counseling to patients
- Recording patient medical histories and symptoms
- Operating complex medical equipment
- Participating in research studies to improve healthcare practices
- Supervising licensed practical nurses, nurse aides, and other clinical staff.
- Registered nurses must be compassionate, detail-oriented, and excellent communicators who are able to work in stressful situations.
- They must also understand and adhere to legal and ethical standards of care. Jobs duties of registered nurse jobs can vary depending on the setting in which they are employed.
- In addition to providing direct patient care, some registered nurses may also be responsible for managing budgets, coordinating staff schedules, and evaluating the quality of healthcare services.
- $100k-$147k a year is estimated salary for the role as RN.
- Full Time