Environmental Compliance Engineer Jobs in Hilo are some of the most sought-after jobs in Hawaii. As an Environmental Compliance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that all activities and operations comply with state and federal regulations related to protecting public health and the environment. You must have a thorough understanding of laws, regulations, and industry standards. In this position, you will be required to monitor and inspect facilities to ensure compliance, as well as develop and implement plans for corrective action. Your work may include conducting training sessions on environmental topics, writing reports detailing your findings, and responding to requests from regulatory agencies. If you have the requisite knowledge, experience, and qualifications then an Environmental Compliance Engineer job in Hilo may be the perfect career for you.
Hawaiian Electric Company:
- An Environmental Compliance Engineer must be knowledgeable and experienced in all areas of environmental compliance.
- Qualifications typically include a bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science or a similar field.
- Some employers may prefer applicants who have experience working with regulatory agencies, such as the EPA or state departments of natural resources.
- In addition to educational qualifications, it is important to have both technical and professional skills.
- Technical skills include a strong knowledge of environmental regulations, air quality standards, hazardous waste management procedures and water quality standards.
- Professional skills should include the ability to communicate effectively with other professionals in the field; problem-solving abilities; and familiarity with industry software programs used for monitoring or creating reports.
- Environmental Compliance Engineers should also have excellent organizational and project management skills.
- They must be able to prioritize tasks in order to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Additionally, strong critical thinking and analytical skills are essential for the job, as Environmental Compliance Engineers must assess data, analyze potential risks and develop effective solutions.
- Environmental Compliance Engineer Jobs require a wide range of responsibilities.
- These engineers must ensure that their company’s operations and processes are in compliance with environmental regulations, standards, and laws.
- Responsibilities include working with local, state, federal agencies to develop and implement plans for meeting environmental requirements as well as identifying areas where improvements can be made to improve performance.
- They must also be knowledgeable in air, water, and soil quality regulations and standards.
- They must be able to use a variety of analytical tools to assess the environmental impact of current processes or operations.
- In addition, they are responsible for developing environmental policies and procedures that identify compliance requirements and develop methods to ensure compliance.
- They should also have experience in conducting environmental audits and providing reports to management.
- Finally, Environmental Compliance Engineers must be able to keep up with changes in regulations and standards so that their company’s operations remain compliant.
- Responsibilities for this position also include developing new strategies to reduce the environmental impact of operations, ensuring compliance with all relevant laws, educating staff on proper environmental practices, and promoting sustainability initiatives.
- $74k-94k is salary for the role as Environmental Compliance Engineer.
- Full Time.
HOW TO APPLY:
- The application process of these jobs is so easy.
- You can apply for this job by clicking on company official website.