Dental hygienists in Southwest Harbor, Maine have access to a wide range of career options. The rapidly growing town is surrounded by breathtaking views and provides plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation. On top of that, the demand for dental hygienist jobs continues to grow in Big Timber as more people move into the area each year.
Mount Desert Island Hospital:
Mount Desert Island Hospital is a modern, non-profit, Critical Access Hospital located in Bar Harbor, Maine. It provides treatment for a wide variety of acute and chronic health conditions, and offers dedicated service to the communities it serves. It is rated high performing in 1 adult procedure or condition, and its average cost of common healthcare procedures is reasonable. It also has a strong focus on patient experience and patient safety .
- Dental hygienists are responsible for providing preventative dental care, including oral hygiene treatments.
- To work as a dental hygienist, you must meet certain qualifications; these may vary depending on the state where you live and practice.
- Generally, most states require that an individual has completed at least an associate’s degree in dental hygiene from an accredited college or university.
- In addition to completing a degree program, many states also require that dental hygienists pass the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination.
- This exam is administered by the Commission on Dental Competency Assessments (CDCA) and tests both practical skills and knowledge of dentistry topics such as periodontics, dental anatomy, radiography, and pathology.
- In some states, a dental hygienist may also be required to have a license issued by the state board of dentistry.
- The requirements for licensure vary from one jurisdiction to another but typically include completion of an accredited program in dental hygiene or an approved equivalent; passing the CDCA exam; meeting any other local requirements such as submitting fingerprints or undergoing a background check; and renewing the license periodically.
Candidates must also provide educational and preventive services. Among the duties of a dental hygienist are:
- Cleaning teeth with manual, ultrasonic, and other specialized instruments and materials;
- Examining patients’ mouth for signs of oral disease or abnormalities;
- Documenting patient medical histories;
- Applying preventive treatments such as fluoride and sealants to protect teeth from decay;
- Taking x-rays;
- Educating patients on proper oral hygiene techniques; and
- Referring patients to dentists or other specialists when necessary.
- Dental hygienists must be very organized and detail-oriented to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to provide quality care for each patient.
- They must also have excellent communication skills in order to effectively inform patients of the importance of preventive oral hygiene measures.
- Furthermore, dental hygienists must have a high level of patience and understanding when working with nervous or anxious patients.
- Finally, dental hygienists should stay up-to-date on changes in their field through continuing education courses and seminars.
- This helps them become more knowledgeable about new technologies and techniques which may better serve their patients’ needs.
- With the right qualifications, dedication, and hard work, dental hygienists can help promote healthy smiles throughout their communities.
How to Apply:
- The application process of these jobs is so easy.
- You can apply for this job by clicking on Company Official Website.
- Dental hygienists Jobs in Big Timber