CT technologists in Loveland are in high demand, due to the city’s growing population and its proximity to major medical hubs like Fort Collins, Denver, and Greeley. CT technologists perform a variety of important duties related to the diagnosis and treatment of patients using computed tomography (CT) technology. They work closely with radiologists and other healthcare professionals to ensure accuracy when reading images used for diagnosis or planning treatment.
UCHealth is an innovative, nonprofit health system that delivers the highest quality medical care with an excellent patient experience. It is continually recognized for excellence and backed by the academic strength of the University of Cincinnati, one of the nation’s top 25 public research universities. UCHealth provides employment opportunities and partners with the military to support military personnel, families, and veterans. Additionally, they offer the omicron booster from Pfizer to anyone 12 or older who completed their primary vaccine series or received a COVID-19 booster at their facility. UCHealth also offers a variety of services, such as communication with doctors, access to test results, a hand-selected catalog of academic programs with 100% tuition coverage for select programs, and promising physician job opportunities.
- CT Technologist jobs typically require a degree in radiologic technology, as well as knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- CT technologists must be able to operate sophisticated imaging equipment, such as computed tomography (CT) scanners.
- They should also understand safety procedures for operating the machinery to minimize patient exposure to radiation.
- The ability to clearly communicate with patients and healthcare personnel is essential for any CT technologist job.
- In addition, employers may require technologists to have experience working in a clinical setting and be certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Basic computer skills are also necessary for success on the job since many imaging machines now run using specialized software programs.
- Finally, problem-solving skills and emotional resilience are highly valued in CT technologists.
- They must be able to diagnose and troubleshoot any technical or medical issues that may arise during the imaging process.
- A CT technologist job can require long hours and dealing with distressed patients, so they should have strong coping skills and the ability to remain professional under pressure.
- CT Technologists, or computed tomography technologists, are essential members of the medical team responsible for performing imaging exams such as CT scans.
- The job usually involves positioning patients and explaining the procedure to them in a compassionate and professional manner while also attending to their needs and safety.
- They must be able to operate both manual and automated imaging machines and adjust equipment settings according to patient size, condition, and medical information.
- Additionally, they must ensure that all images are produced with high quality so they can be interpreted by physicians.
- Aside from these technical duties, CT Technologists must also have excellent customer service skills because they interact directly with patients during the scan.
- They must maintain accurate records of each examination including any notes on patient behavior or conditions that may affect the scan.
- Furthermore, it is their responsibility to update patient records with any instructions given by the doctor and inform patients of results or follow-up procedures.
- With increasing demand for CT scans due to the availability of faster and more sophisticated equipment, it is essential that these professionals are highly trained and experienced in order to meet the needs of the medical field.
- CT Technologists must also keep up with latest technologies and changes in imaging protocol as well as maintain their certification by completing continuing education requirements.
- Additionally, they should stay abreast of safety protocols such as radiation exposure regulations, universal precautions, risk management strategies, and infection control measures.
- As a CT Technologist you must be reliable, detail oriented, and have excellent communication skills so you can effectively work with both patients and healthcare providers.
- It is also important to have the ability to think quickly and act calmly in emergency situations.
- With the right combination of knowledge, skill, and experience, a career as a CT Technologist can be very rewarding.
HOW TO APPLY?
- The application process of these jobs is so easy.
- You can apply for this job by clicking on company official website.