Biomedical Equipment Technicians (BMET) play an important role in the healthcare industry, providing critical service and support for medical devices used by hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. With Honolulu’s high concentration of medical centers and its proximity to Asia Pacific markets, there is a growing demand for highly skilled Biomedical Equipment Technicians. Biomedical Equipment Technicians in Honolulu enjoy a wealth of opportunities, from entry-level positions to working in research and development. BMETs can work with medical devices ranging from imaging equipment to laboratory instruments, and they may be responsible for installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of equipment. These positions are generally full-time and can involve both on-site and remote work.
Lockheed Martin is a global aerospace, defense, security and advanced technologies company that employs more than 110,000 people worldwide. Lockheed Martin operates five business segments: Aeronautics, Missiles and Fire Control, Rotary and Mission Systems, Space Systems, and Technology Services. Lockheed Martin’s products and services span the air, land, sea, space, and cyberspace domains. Lockheed Martin is focused on research, development, and acquisition of advanced technologies to maintain its leading position in the industry. Lockheed Martin has been involved in the development of new aircraft such as the F-35 Lightning II fighter jet and a wide range of defense systems for land, sea and air forces around the world. Lockheed Martin is also active in the space industry, developing satellites, launch vehicles and other related products. Lockheed Martin has a long history of innovation and technological advancement, setting the standard for excellence in the aerospace and defense industries. Lockheed Martin is committed to delivering superior performance and value to its customers around the world.
- In order to become a biomedical equipment technician, you must possess the skills and qualifications necessary to perform maintenance and repair of medical devices.
- In most cases, this means having an associate’s degree or certificate in biomedical engineering technology from a recognized school.
- You should also have knowledge of basic electricity and electronics as well as knowledge of medical devices and their components.
- Additionally, you should have the ability to use diagnostic tools, troubleshoot equipment failures, and follow written protocols.
- You will also need to be able to work with a variety of medical professionals such as physicians, nurses, and other healthcare personnel in order to diagnose and repair problems with medical equipment.
- Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) jobs have many important responsibilities.
- These include the installation, testing, and maintenance of biomedical equipment for hospitals, labs, clinics, and other healthcare facilities.
- They are responsible for ensuring that all equipment is operating properly and safely.
- BMETs must also be knowledgeable about relevant regulations and standards related to medical equipment, such as those set forth by the FDA.
- They must be able to diagnose and repair any technical issues with medical equipment and develop maintenance schedules for preventive care.
- In addition, they may need to act as liaisons between clinical staff, vendors, and other professionals who are involved in providing healthcare services.
- Finally, BMETs must keep detailed records of all maintenance and repair activities, document any significant changes to equipment, and report any malfunctions or potential safety hazards.
- They may also be responsible for training staff on the proper use of medical equipment and providing regular updates on relevant regulations and standards.
- By ensuring that healthcare providers have access to quality biomedical equipment, BMETs can help to ensure that patients receive the best possible care.
- $68k-$89k a year is salary for the role as Biomedical Equipment Technician.
- Full Time
HOW TO APPLY?
- The application process of this job is so easy.
- You can apply for this job by clicking on Link.